Mt. Hapunang Banoi is located at Rodriguez Rizal with a 517 MASL. It is one of the many mountains located in the area. The event was set on August 21, 2016. We arrived early morning and started climbing before sunrise and here are things which I have observed.
1. You will pass many local houses and rivers before you can start your climb at the foot of the mountain.
2. You must bring enough water because there is only one store in the mountain and it is located near the start.
3. Bring enough food because there is not enough choices with the store.
4. The mountain is not that high but the summit is very steep and difficult to climbed. It is full of sharp rocks that can cut you like a knife. So you have to be extra careful.
5. You will know the importance of using gloves with this mountain because you’ll have to touch a lot of sharp rocks.
6. The mountain can be hard on your shoes. It is better to use shoes that are thick or the boot type. Don’t use your fancy shoes because the chances that it can get cuts from the rocks are high.
7. The summit is pure rock and it’s spiky, so it is hard to sit or step on.
8. There are moments that you will have to jump from rock to rock so if you are afraid of heights this can be a concern.
9. There are plenty of shower areas which I love. Water pressure is good.
10. Near the shower area are benches and tables where in you can stay and eat with your friends.
11. Bring off lotion. The mosquitoes there are big and the bite is very painful.
The mountain is good for those who wants an extra challenge. It is not very high or too long to finish but the assault can be dangerous and daunting. It is considered a minor climbed but don’t let it fool you.
Special thanks to Vincent for organizing this event. #TheAdVinceTurescapade