Mount Maculot – was my first mountain climb and I would like to share the things that I like and don’t about it.
- Mount Maculot offers a lot of scenery. There is the view from Rockies, the Summit and the Grotto.
- It is rich with diverse vegetation that makes the mountain very cool.
- It is filled with very unique looking insects.
- Very few mosquitoes if they have one at all, I don’t recall bitten.
- There are a lot of stop over where you can rest and drink. No need to carry heavy amounts of water.
- Although the height (930 meters above sea level) of the mountain is great the climb was not very dangerous. You just need endurance to do the long walks. There were only two parts that was hard in the descend. One part is rocky and the other muddy. Both requires rappelling.
- You don’t need gloves even for the Rookies because the rocks are not that sharp to touch.
- If you prefer walking on cement rather mud then you can descend well on the stairs from the Grotto until you almost reach down.
- The only thing lacking from my experience is a waterfall but I’m sure it has one hidden somewhere.
- Be careful of thorny branches. You can suddenly touch them when you loose your balance.
I highly recommend this mountain for it’s beauty and right amount of challenge. It can be hard for some beginners but if you prepare yourself this climb can be easy.
Click more to see the photos.
*Thank you to Vincent #TheAdVinceTurescapade and Ryan Corpuz for the photos.
Please feel free to share your experience by commenting below.