I had my first mountain climb recently and it was a great experience. It could have been better if I had better shoes. Knowing what it feels like to climb, I have learned what I wanted.
- Easy to clean.
- Fast to dry.
- It must be light. You’ll never understand until your feet and knees starts giving up on you.
- It must be waterproof because it can rain or have to cross a river.
- It must conform well to your feet
- It must have a good grip on the ground to avoid slips.
- It must be breathable. To avoid moisture.
- It must have good support on your ankles.
Finding shoes that fits all of these requirements was hard but I found one but it came with a high price. This was the most expensive shoes that I have ever bought. I considered the brand upon a recommendation of a hiker friend and I saw one of it’s model that has all the qualities that I was looking for. You don’t even have to wear socks and there is an elastic band that holds well to your ankle that gives it support and grip.
Merrell – All Out Terra Trail
Price – 5,395 PHP